Exposed aggregate driveway can be a good option for homeowners who need decorative concrete that is formed by removing the top layer of cement paste. Decorate aggregate is considered to be a durable and skid resistance surface for patios, sidewalks, and driveways.
Let’s talk about the advantages of exposed aggregate driveway
- There are a lot of decorative options available for your driveway. With a few materials, you can get the desired decorative aggregate.
- Simple procedures can help you get good finish surface.
- The surface is strong and wears very well.
- Such surfaces can tolerate the extreme temperatures.
- Small and large colored aggregates are available in the market. You can choose the desired shape and style of the exposed aggregate driveway.
- Homeowners do not need to worry about the maintenance of the driveway.
- It is very easy and simple to clean the decorative concrete.
- If the surface wears off, you can re-seal it after a few years.
If you want to pour your aggregate concrete, here are some important tips you can apply.
Homeowners can pour 6 inches of gravel at the base to form the foundation for the aggregate. It is important to spread the gravel evenly using a shovel or rake.
Smoother the surface
As soon as the concrete mix is spread on the driveway, you should spread the mixture evenly. You can make use of a trowel to even out the surface. It is advisable to leave half an inch of gap between the top of concrete Calgary and the surface of poured concrete Calgary.
Level and compact the surface
As the forms are set, you can level it up and compact it using a stamper or compactor. You can seal professional help and advice for exposed aggregate driveway.
Hire professional agency
You should start searching for experienced professionals to help you get the best services at affordable prices. Talk to a few experts and find out what type of services they provide. You can contact a few companies and get quotes before hiring an experienced professional.
Allow it to harden
Leave the concrete to harden. Usually it may take around 10-24 hours for the core to get hardened. You can allow the concrete to rest for the entire night and check in the morning if it’s ready. If it is not ready, you should wait for another few hours and re-check.
Seal the surface
You can seal the surface with a good sealant and make the surface erosion-free and weather resistant. You can choose the right colors and have a shiny surface. Clean the surface to ensure that it is free from stains.
Be cautious with concrete pouring
Avoid breathing in the sealants as it contains a lot of chemicals that may be harmful to your body. Do not allow the concrete to harden on your skin as it may be very difficult to remove it later on. Avoid pouring the concrete when it is raining or there are chances of rain. Before pouring the concrete, you should keep an eye on the weather conditions.